Monday, October 26, 2015

10/26/2015

Sorry my peeps (a.k.a Brothers and Sisters) I've been slacking in my blogging duties.  It has been a busy couple of weeks.
My first area is in a place called Sunyan; and I 'm in the  Penkware district.  My new companion is Elder Ulu.  He's a pretty swell guy.  We didn't talk to much at first; and I must admit that it was terrible.  Being left to my thoughts is not a good thing sometimes, Hah.  In fact one of the thoughts I had was,  if you were to stick a group of teenagers in a land of dirt with no distractions (a.k.a phones), and left them to there for about a month, they would all go insane.  I'm probably scaring you all, haha
Things are actually going well here.  At the beginning Elder Ulu did a lot of the cooking for me but now I'm getting the ropes.  One of my favorite things to make/eat is fried Plantain.  And if the Plantain isn't ripe and you fry it just right it will taste just like a once removed second cousin of a french fry.  I actually really like them though. 
The other day, our district had a service project.  So my companion and I and the other elders in our apartment, and the 2 American Elders in another apartment (one of whom is Elder Lierd whom I sat next to on the plane to Ghana, and was in the MTC with), met up and went to paint the house of an investigating family.  It was actually really fun and the family was awesome. They definitely made my day.  They were the most American people I've met here thus far.  They were taking pictures of us the entire time. haha
But the fooood.... Oh that was heavenly.  I love rice and they gave us so much that I didn't even have to cook.  It was wonderful.  We're actually going over to eat Fufu tonight with them so that will be fun. 
Oh and me and Elder Ulu are thinking we'll buy a chicken tomorrow, that way we can actually have some meat.  My how I crave meat.
I sure miss your cooking Mom.
Until we meet again!
Love Storm/Elder Speakman

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting. I enjoy reading all the messages of the missionaries in the family.

    ReplyDelete