Monday, December 21, 2015

week 12 (12/21/2015)

I'm sorry that I missed the blog last week, but I hope you are all doing well!  Things have been good the past 2 weeks!

There is this Sister named Comfort that has been taught by missionaries for the past 4 months or so, and three of those months have been with me.  It has been a looooong time. But this past Friday, she chose to be baptized!  It was an awesome moment! And, she let me be the one to baptize her.  She's really shy and normally doesn't like to talk too much, but when she came to the baptism, she was smiling and talking and over all just happier.  As we were walking her home, I asked her how she felt and she said, "I feel happy."  When she asked how I felt, I said the same thing.  Then, she said something that made the happiness grow even more.  She said, "Thank you for showing me the right way Elder Speakman."  Man, that felt awesome!  I probably should have said something inspiring at that moment, but typical me, I came in clutch and said, "no problem."

Something that I've always told people is that it doesn't' matter where you are in the world, it's all about the people you are with.  Being  missionary isn't always easy, but it's always worth it.  When you get to spend time with the people and see the blessings the gospel brings into their lives and especially the lives of their families.  Blessings they didn't even know they were missing; and blessing that I didn't even realize I had before I came out here.
But anyway, it's almost Christmas, so I hope you are all happy and speding time with your families!  And always remember waht Christmas is really about.  I'll give you a hint, it's the first syllable in the word; Christ.
  I testify that he really did come to this earth and suffered for all of our pains and weaknesses and mistakes, and that through Him, we can return to live with our Heavenly parents and our families here on earth, in the life to come!

Merry Christmas! 
Happy Birthday Gannon!! And Happy Anniversary to my parents and Uncle Mitch and Aunt Ale!

Love,
Elder Speakman


Zone Conference 12/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment