Monday, March 28, 2016

week 26 (3/28/2016)

Another week has come and gone!  And not only that, but also another transfer!  It's crazy but I'm finally leaving my first area: Penkware, Sunyani.
When I look forward at the days that lay ahead of me, it seems like time is creeping by.  But, looking back at the time I have spent here, I can't believe it has already been 6 months; time really is a precious gift, I only hope it slows down when I come home one day, haha!.

Tomorrow morning, I will be traveling to Kumasi for leadership training.  When that is over I will be looking at a 7-8 hour bus ride to the 2nd hottest area in our mission: Tamale..  I can't say I'm not excited, I am a little bit nervous, but I'm mostly excited. I've come to know the rocks on the road a little to well in this time (;  I think they'll miss me more than I'll miss them.  I will have to learn a new language in Tamale. they speak dagumba and most of them are Muslim. twill be fun ;)
I will miss the people though.  I've come to make some pretty good friends over here. We had another baptism on Sunday. A named Gyan (like john). He's 88 years old and has 16 kids living from his young/wild days. This guy has so much history. He lived through world war two. He traveled to Egypt to study the bible and qu'ran (the Muslim bible basically) for I think, 4 years...man he's cool. I'll miss him and our other recent convert Ma Eunice. She started crying yesterday when I told her I was going. We will go over and eat fufu with her today. She gave elder Argo and I material to get shirts made too. Shes sweet, she's my African mother.  But, as the song goes, "I will go, I will do, the things the Lords commands; I know the Lord provides a way..." (remix) everything's gonna be okay.

I hope all is well for everyone reading this!
I especially hope that you were able to have a Happy Easter, and remember the reason we celebrate Easter.
I know that Jesus Christ lives and is our Savior and brother.  I know that he truly did provide a way for us to be able to return to our Father and have Eternal Life, if only we are willing to follow Him.

Have a great week everyone!
Do what's most important and always seek for more truth!

I love you all!
Elder Speakman



No comments:

Post a Comment