Monday, April 4, 2016

week 27 (4/4/2016)

Hello everybody!!

Well, I'm officially in Tamale, and let me tell you something... I didn't know knees could sweat.  Seriously, Elder Tembo and I had to walk 30 mins in the sun yesterday to go and meet with this guy Chris, and by the time I got there my knees were soaked!  How sick is that? haha
But, my new apartment/area is sweet.  We haven't got ceiling fans and sometimes we run out of water, but otherwise it is sweet.  Plus, we have a bakery right across the street so I can buy fresh bread (or if you're Ghanian: "Flesh Bled"), in the mornings if my heart so desires.  My new companion is Elder Tembo and he's from Zambia!  I'm getting companions from all over the world!  Also, in my new District we have Sister Missionaries.  I've heard that they like to give us Elders trouble, so we'll see how that goes. haha  Even on April fools they called us crying and saying that one of them was bleeding and hurt, so we were all rushing to go over there, then we received the text: "April Fools"...punks.......

I don't know how many of you got to watch General Conference this past weekend, but if you weren't able to then you definitely should!  It was sweet!  I was blessed to be able to watch it live at our District Center.  One of my favorite talks was by Sister Bonnie L Oscarson.  She really reminded us what we believe in.  Most of us members know plenty about the church, but do we really believe?  She reminded us why we go to church.  "It's not just a social gathering, or a great instillation to shape model citizens.  We go there for a purpose; and that is to receive divine guidance and ordinances that prepare us and help us qualify for Eternal Life."  I hope that you will all read her talk for me! 
I know what she said is very important, very relevant and very true!
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04

I love you all!
Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Storm Speakman


                                               Elder Argo, last companion

No comments:

Post a Comment