Monday, April 18, 2016

week 29 (4/18/2016)

Hello everyone!
I hope you all had a great week!

Things have been going well here in Tamale.  My companion and I get along great!  He even said he'll name one of his children after me, haha.  We'll see if that happens.  He and I have even been cooking together... but I'm putting a stop to that.  I'm done eating rice and tomatoes for lunch every day.

This week has been cool.  My companion and I got invited to go and eat breakfast at one of our investigators homes'  We call him, "Papa Chia."  It was awesome. We had hot chocolate, an omelette, and bread with jelly/butter.  But the best part was just talking to him afterward.  He has so many stories!  He's been around the block, so he was telling us about when JFK was assassinated, 9/11, and he even shared his opinion with us about Donald Trump haha, (that one I enjoyed).  Some of the stories he shared with us weren't even his own but he could tell them like they were because of the books that he was reading.  That's definitely something I will do more of when I get home.  READ!  "The man who does not read good books, has no advantage over the man who can't read them." - Mark Twain

The other night we had a huuuuge wind/rain storm, (I'm so grateful for all of the dust it blew into our house!....)  It was nice because it cooled things off... but it destroyed my night.  I woke up at 1:00am to a slamming noise.  I thought someone was trying to break down our gate or something.  So, I looked out the window and saw that it was the wind opening and SLAMMING our partially locked gate on its self.  I didn't not want to move.  So, in a state of denial I laid there and told myself I could sleep through it... Then the rain came to pound on our metal roof.  So, being the genius that I am, I decided that I had better do something, (now that the rain was there to make the situation worse).  So I wrapped myself in my towel as a shield and ran out in the rain at 1:30am to lock the gate.  I finally fell asleep at around 2.  The good news is that Elder Mendoza made pancakes in the morning!  That made up for it a little (;

Anyway, I hope that all is well!  I love and miss you all!

-Love
 Elder Speakman

p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROCK AND AUNT RAQUEL!  I love you both!
p.s.s I thought this was funny; "Eat what you can; can what you can't." - John Bytheway


                                                 Me and my companion Elder Tembo

No comments:

Post a Comment