Monday, May 16, 2016

week 32 (5/16/2016)

Hey everyone!
 
Sorry, this week I procrastinated so I don't have much time to write.  But I hope you all had a great week!
 
We had transfers on Wednesday. So my beloved Elder Tembo left me, transferred to another area.  During this time I went out with the zone leaders while my companion was traveling up from Kumasi, and they only had two bikes. So our original plan (that I came up with) was to have me ride on their handle bars to the sisters apartment to get one of their bikes for me, (it reminded me so much of being in Hawaii riding on the cruisers), except this time, I was genuinely worried for my life and of falling into a gutter/getting smashed by a truck, so I quite quickly put an end to way of travel. We stuck the bikes into the back of a taxi and drove that there instead haha. 
I'm now with Elder Otieno from Kenya.  I already knew him a bit from my first area.  He's a cool guy but he's a bit quiet...... we'll see if I can keep myself from going insane.. haha
But, things are going well!  I'm beginning to know and love the people and the rain is coming!
 
I hope you all have a great week and make the most of your time.  
Study your scriptures!
 
I love you all!
Sorry I have neglected you (;
 
Love, 
Elder Speakman
 
"Procrastination is the thief of salvation."  -unknown
 
 
                                  oh, and that's a monkey that I found and touched.
 
 
 This is a pic of us riding in the back of an aboboya (basically a motorcycle tricycle with a truck bed) because we couldn't find a cab, the night was upon us and a storm was coming. Squatting in that was fun haha...my knees hurt)

No comments:

Post a Comment