Monday, July 25, 2016

week 41 & 42 (7/25/2016)

Hey everyone! 

Well, this is my third time throughout the week trying to figure out what to write in this in this stink-in thing.  But I've finally decided that the over arching theme of this weeks blog will be: "I'm good":

Things are going well here.  Actually, last Sunday was probably one of the hardest days at church I've had in a while simply because people really were not magnifying their callings.  One of the sister missionaries ended up speaking in Sacrament meeting and we (the 4 missionaries) taught all of the classes.  Naturally, one of my lessons ended up being on the importance of callings and how we need to magnify them.  I went to church that day planning to teach from the lesson manual but just before church started I felt like I should instead speak about magnifying callings.  The sister missionary who spoke received the same prompting and without planning it, she spoke during sacrament on the importance of callings. 
Since then things have gotten much better.  Our Branch Pres. is encouraging the members and working harder himself, more people came to church, more people came to chapel cleaning and when we stopped by our Sunday School teachers home he had actually already started preparing his lesson for the coming week.  It stinks that we all have the tendency of slowly letting things slip until we are in a position where the damage has been done that will be difficult, or even impossible to completely repair, but I am glad that rather than give up and leave things broken, the people have decided to pick up the pieces and try to start over.  The saying is still true; "it's better to prepare and prevent than to repair and repent."
So things are improving!

We had a lot of investigators show up to church even if they were late, and the work is moving along.
This transfer ends this week!  We will see whether I stay or go!
Something I noticed last Sunday when I was brushing my teeth after lunch, is that I've been out here for over 10 months now!  Time really flies, but so much has happened.  I'm definitely glad I chose to come out here, even if it's the hardest thing I've done in my life. 

I hope everything is going well back home!  I would sure hope that someone would update me if world war 3 is approaching (; cause I know nothing!

I love and miss you all!  Take care of yourselves!
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEAGUE!!

Love,
Elder Speakman


No comments:

Post a Comment