Monday, August 29, 2016

week 47 (8/29/2016)

Maakye-oo! (It means, "good morning!")   I hope you are all doing well wherever you are in this world!

Things are going well over here.  I don't really have any exciting stories or incoherent lectures to give this week  haha (; (sorry Tag).  But, things are good! 

The missionary work continues here in the grand Dichemso ward!  The people here are wonderful!  Our area here is smaller, so we tend to see people much more frequently and I have to say it's nice to just be able to greet people as we pass by, as simple as that is.  The members here are great too.  They really do their part in coming out with us and I've become good friends with a couple of them.  We had a baptism yesterday!! Some of her family are members too, as well as people in her compound.

There's this one guy, Evans, he comes out with us a lot.  He's just such an, "interesting," guy hahaha, seriously, it's hard not to find myself laughing at him at least every 2 mins.  And he always makes sure to give his best effort in teaching me the twi... even during lessons haha.  I'm trying with the language haha (really there's only so far I can go without study time and teaching all our lessons in English, not to mention the lack of books) but yes I'm trying. The twi is coming kakra-kakra (small small). 

Really, that's all I can say.  Things are good! Mission is difficult, but it's sweet! And I've learned so much and grown so much, that it's worth the hard times.  Sometimes, I just don't feel like I'm doing enough as a zone leader or I don't know what to do, so that can be stressful (usually when it comes to witnessing disobedience and not knowing how to handle it), but I guess everybody has their own agency...lead by example and try my best to encourage them.

But, I love and miss you all! 

I hope you're all making good choices (:

Go learn something!


Love,
Elder Speakman

                                                       Baptism yesterday

                                Group photo with Elder Bednar and his wife

1 comment:

  1. Elder: you made Zone Leader!!!! Many Congratulations!!! Next step up is Assistant to President... best wishes for and...prayers for..your safety and continued success!! Uncle Brian

    ReplyDelete