Monday, October 24, 2016

week 55 (10/24/2016)

Hey, everyone! How's life?

Things have been going well over here; but life sure is a roller coaster, haha.. I wish I could explain everything behind that statement. Maybe, one day. (;

But transfer week has come!  My companion and I are staying together, but we will be getting a new missionary in the apartment who is just beginning his 2 year adventure in Ghana.  It will be just like looking at my, "greenie self," over 1 year ago.

One thing that I've really learned on my mission is how to be patient, especially when it comes to words.  Sometimes, the things people say just make me want to.... do somethings back that I probably shouldn't do, haha.. For example, the other day we were walking through this compound when this big guy stepped out of his house and yelled at me, "COME!" Oy! I was mad.  I kept walking but my companion and the church member we were with didn't, so I came back.  He continued to talk really disrespectfully to me, no matter how kindly I responded. So, eventually I just had to keep quiet and stare at him until he was done harassing me and walked away.
Man! It wasn't easy, but I can tell you that the outcome was much better than if I had listened to the, "natural man," and retaliated. In fact the same thing happened to me when I went to buy porridge for breakfast this morning... I guess the Lord is really testing me this week. (;

But aside from those moment of fury, this has been a really good week! We have 5 people we are teaching who are really progressing and even came to church.  There is this one couple we are teaching who even want to get married so they they can be baptized and eventually be sealed in the temple.  It's sweet!  And I think the girlfriend is happy that he is finally bringing it up, haha (;

Anyway, the heat is coming... but things are going good! 

I hope you all have a great week!

Until next week!
Love,

Elder Speakman

1 comment:

  1. Patience is indeed a virtue which... when incorporated into how one deals with everyday life- will be a huge benefit !!! You are doing lovely!

    ReplyDelete