Tuesday, November 29, 2016

week 60 (11/28/2016)

Good morning everyone!  I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!
Over here things didn't get too exciting for Thanksgiving but we still had a bit of fun.  We had planned to make a feast in our apartment (mashed potatoes, choc. pudding and meat) but I was on exchanges in another area; unfortunately the rain held us back from traveling home in time... so we went with plan B.  Because we're blessed, one of the members called us on our way and told us to come and pick up some food... my thanksgiving dinner was banku and okra stew!  It was sweet!

Things have been going really well over here.  My companion and I are really enjoying the time that we have to serve together and we've been working hard!  We have a lot of progressing investigators and many of them are great friends as well... it's sweet.  This work is sweet... or sweat, either one, haha.  Or maybe it's sweet sweat because yesterday, I pounded these ladies fufu, and I'm pretty sure quite a bit of my sweat fell into that mass of carbs... but when they were eating it they said it was sweet,  soo.. (;

My short spiritual thought to everyone is, don't let yourself be distracted by things that are of no importance.  Each of us has so much potential as to who, and what, we can become...
I can't teach you all about the plan of Salvation over a blog, haha, but don't waste your time!  Try to understand your eternal potential and work towards it.
As people say in Ghana "Drop that yam!" (the phone)

Have a great week everyone!

Love you all!
Elder Speakman

ps (I will be emailing this Saturday as well instead of next monday due to the upcoming elections)


this is my companion and one of our recent converts sisters, we were hiding from the rain in their shack where they sell beans (amazing beans, especially with the fried plantain)

No comments:

Post a Comment