Saturday, December 3, 2016

week 61 (12/4/2016)

Another week gone!... it's crazy how fast time is flying.  As our ward mission leader would say, "Every second we get, we go crush."  Little by little I'm picking up the pigoon.  I'll do my best to confuse you all when I get home.

Transfers are upon us once more, and this time my companion is part of it... he's leaving me!  It's sad.  I'm gonna miss this crazy South African man.  Our time together was always a roller coaster, but the ups and the downs were all worth it, that's what makes it exciting right? (;  We've gotta learn from it all, and I definitely learned a lot from him, we had a great 4.5 months together.
But, just as much as I am sad for him to leave, I'm excited for my new companion to come!  His name is Elder Sotalbo from the Philippines.  He was my companion in the MTC!  I'm pumped, "we go crush!"  Seriously though, he's such a sweet Elder, this is going to be a great experience.

Something I'll always hold as an eternal truth is that,  "it doesn't matter so much where you are, as it does the people you are with."  If the people are great, the place will be great!  We can even take Thanksgiving as an example. It doesn't really matter so much where you go or what you eat as long as you are with the people you love; especially your family.  For me, my Thanksgiving meal didn't consist of huge amounts of meat, vegetables, and pie. I ate banku out of a bowl with some mystery meat mixed in, but I ate it with the people that I love, and that's what made it great!

Ghana is sweet!  The people are sweet!

Elections for this country are coming! Christmas is coming!  It's just an exciting time of year, isn't it? (;

Be happy where you are and be with the people you love!

I hope you have a great week!
Be safe and stay warm!

Love,
Elder Speakman


                                                                                 us in the bush
                                                                         us walking through an alley going from the mission home and meeting other  missionaries squeezing through the same alley.


                                                              a big ant hill in the bush


                    my compaion in the bush. we were going to visit some of his recent converts before he was transferred                                                       from our area, that's why we were in the bush)

No comments:

Post a Comment