Monday, January 23, 2017

week 68 (1/23/2017)

Good afternoon! I hope all of you are well!

Eish, I can't believe I'm still writing these things, haha.

Sorry for missing you last week though, things were kind of hectic because it was transfer week. And I was transferred.  I knew it would happen, whenever I start to get to know to many people in an area and get friends, and once my shampoo bottle is almost gone... I know my time is up! (:

I am now assigned to serve in Mampong, with my first Ghanaian companion Elder Boakye!  Either President trusts me a lot of I did something terrible and president decided to get rid of me, cause man (or woman), this place is faaar.  It's a beautiful area though!  To get here we had to drive through mountains (my first time in over a year.. gettin' me ready for Utah, I guess (;  ).  And all around on the horizon are mountains as well, especially on this little look-out as we walk up this hill from our apartment, "I think I'm gonna like it here."  It was a big change from the city of Dichemso though.

That first night here was rough!  I felt like I was just starting my mission again and started to get homesick, it was such a big adjustment. I guess Dichemso had started to feel like home.
So far out here I've held a hawk, seen a huge snake and a giant flat spider, helped our neighbor take apart his old chicken coop, and had some serious pains from the least cushioned bike seat in the whole world (I've gotten pretty good at riding that thing, though, the pot-holes on our dirt road when we're returning home at night...).

So that's what's new over here! Oh, and it's just the two of us in the apartment so that provides much more time for studying the scriptures, writing in the journal, and working out!

I love you all and hope you're enjoying yourselves!!
Stay happy by making good choices (:

Love,
Elder Speakman

the hawk was on the other side of the street, its some guys pet, he reared it since it was a chick, and as we were riding by my companion spotted it so we went over




the moth was on our front porch

               
top of a mountain in mampong

1 comment:

  1. This is the best article I've read all month. I am waiting your next blog. business ideas in ghana

    ReplyDelete