Tuesday, February 14, 2017

week 71 (2/13/2017)

This time I'm being pro-active (not the acne meds... (; )and writing on Sunday.  It only took a year and half (almost) but I may defeat procrastination yet!  We'll see what happens next week haha (;

It was a great Sabbath though!  Sometimes (most times) going to church isn't as relaxing of an experience as it once was, and it shouldn't be.   So, rather than being stressed about all of our investigators who weren't able to make it to church, I chose to just relax.  I focused on the words of the hymns, sought for greater understanding of the atonement and did my best to resist overpowering them with my singing in an attempt to speed up the funeral paced sacrament hymn....
It ended up being a great time at church.  Our branch mission leader moved to Dubai so our clerk taught a great lesson in Gospel Principles class ( I think it was a great at least... it was in twi, but I didn't see anyone, other than me, falling asleep so that's a good sign (; ).  The members were taught about their important role in missionary work; and we had a great Branch Council after it all.

The work is going well here!  There are so many... too many, people to teach.  I think the biggest struggle is trying to balance our time to be able to see all of them.  But we do our best; and the other day we made time to go out with Bor. Baffour to visit some of the people he knows.  We ended up meeting a man who knew the missionaries back in Germany and started meeting with them again when he came here.  He loves the Book of Mormon and knows loads about the church.  He just needs to act and he knows it.  I had him read in Alma 34 about not procrastinating repentance and he completely agreed with it.  We'll definitely return to him.

All in all things are well.  I hope things are the same for whoever reads this, and if it's not, read the scriptures!

Love you all,
Elder Speakman (:

 *our modem was stolen yesterday from the chapel so I didn't get to email there and when we travelled 30 minutes through the mountains to the other chapel the power went out...no emailing this week, so here is what I wrote, I'll talk to you next week! 
tell everyone else I said I'm sorry if you could and I love and miss them all. 
Love
elder Speakman


 my companions stew

my stew 




No comments:

Post a Comment