Tuesday, March 7, 2017

week 74 (3/6/2017)

Well, the new transfer has begun!  And once again changes have come.  Elder Boakye has left me and my new companion is Elder Annor!
Transfer day was Wednesday and it was great!  We traveled down to Kumasi by taxi (it's a miracle that thing could get us there, especially with all my comps stuff, haha.  He even brought his sugar-can, and I understand why, that stuff is great!).
When we got down to Kumasi I had a great time meeting up with my former companions and friends.
 Transfer day is the day everyone buys each other spring-rolls from the women selling them on their heads, then talk and wait around for our new companions to come while the zone-leaders stress out about making sure everyone makes it to the station on time... it was a nice change to be one of those who stands around chomping on a spring-roll for a change (;

My new companion is sweet!  He's also a Ghanaian from the Eastern Region.  He has been through alot in his life and it's a great opportunity for me to be able to learn from him and serve with him.
Since he came the work has really picked up!  We have been teaching lots of people, making great friends and working hard, it's great!
Many times we will start a lesson teaching maybe one or two people, but by the end a crowd has gathered!  One night, I counted and by the end 11 people were listening to us.  I sure wish that we learned twi in our mission, it's amazing to see how prepared these people are to listen to what we have to say when it is presented in their language.
The gospel is for everyone!

I hope you all have a great week!
My advice is: #1 Be patient and laugh, it will work out.
                       #2 READ THE BOOK OF MORMON

Love you all!

Talk to you soon (:

Love,
Elder Speakman

The snake the Elder Boakye DESTROYED behind our house on the path that we take. 

 This girl named Stephanie driving banku. that's like stirring a pot of play dough, do you know how hard that is?? some of these kids really know how to work. 
 
me and my old companion Elder Boakye at KFC 

two of our investigators who came to church (they are all friends but the other refused to join the picture haha. the  one in the pink dress has family who are members in Accra) and my new companion Elder Annor.

No comments:

Post a Comment