Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Week 79 (4/10/2017)

Transfers have come everybody!  It's crazy to think that I've only got 4 more left...
Eish, I don't even know what to tell you all.

My days in the mountains of Mampong are over though.  Tuesday night after we had finished proselyting, I was laying on my bed writing in my journal when my companion, Elder Annor, came in from the other room holding the phone out in front of him, He just told me: "It's President."  I'll tell you what, suddenly it didn't feel like I had been laying down for the past 20 minutes because my heart was pounding.  I don't know what it is, but 80% of the time, when your mission President calls you, your heart will start pounding even if it doesn't have any reason to do so.
All that he would tell me was that I needed to be at the mission home with my luggage by 2:00pm on Thursday with Elder Wood. "Okay President," was all I could say, haha

To make a long story short, I'm currently sitting in the Dabon apartment (about 2 mins. from the Mission Home) and am serving as the new office Elder.  My new companion will be Elder Ayim and we will be, "whitewashing" the office (both of the other Elders will be leaving).

So the past 5 days I've been riding around with the office Elders trying to memorize every road in Kumasi before they leave on Wednesday.  Enye easy ooo (it's not easy).
My ray of hope is that Elder Ayim is an amazing Elder and he knows Kumasi.  He's actually the one who replaced me in my 1st area.

So, life is busy, and rightly so!  I've got a lot of changes and excitement ahead of me.  Pray for me haha.
It took me and Taggart over a month to stop using the GPS to find our way to school when we first moved to Watertown, NY  haha.

Anyway, I've got to get going. Things to do.

Love you all!
 Elder Speakman

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAGGART!!!! have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment