Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Week 80 (4/17/2017)

Hey everybody!  I hope all is well.  I do miss you; but time is flying over here that's for sure.

Life in the office is a totally different experience.  Gone is the physical stress of walking under the Ghanaian Sun, a new kind of mental stress has begun.

This past week was crazy, it was transfer week and Elder Ayim and I had to do our best to learn everything as it happened because we will be conducting the next one all on our own... scary.
My new companion is sweet though!  I'm so blessed to be able to serve with him.  He's always smiling, always happy, always positive, always humorous and always generous.  He's evidence that your circumstances don't determine your level of happiness, only you can choose how happy your are.
So that's my advice: "Be happy, eh?!!

Love you all!

I know everyone always talks about remembering the true meaning of Christmas; try to remember the true meaning of Easter too.  And if you don't know what that is, go here: www.mormon.org

Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Speakman

PS- Driving in Kumasi is a dream. My first day driving was when we were taking the elders Going to Tamale to the bus station Thursday morning....then they told us the bus wouldn't go so we had to find a new way....that meant driving into the market. NOT FUN. Luckily side view mirrors fold when you hit them. Now I'm fine though, back in the groove of things. Cutting people off like an animal is a habit that I hope not to carry with me when I get home though, but it's the only way to move here. 


Good times in the office


No comments:

Post a Comment