Monday, July 10, 2017

week 92 (7/10/2017)

Hello!

My final area is  Asuoyeboa for 6 more weeks....crazy! 

My new area and new companion, Elder Ordyna are great! IM LOVING IT.  Seriously, I don't think I could've asked for a better situation to, "die in."  Seriously, loving it. 
I'm really going to miss it here. Maybe I'll come back. It could never be the same though, I think it's impossible not to love the people you're surrounded by when you're a missionary. I get to talk to everyone, I get to try and help everyone; it's a completely unique experience. 

The people of Ghana are so unique, and happy, and loving, and hardworking, and humble, and and and, I should probably stop using "and", but I could probably go on forever. I'm so glad that I made the choice to come on a mission. A lesson I've learned is, "that often what appears to be a sacrifice in the moment, turns out to be an investment in the future."  I've grown so much in the time that I've been here. I don't regret it at all. 

Every single day we experience something new; and being with someone who just came straight from the States has really helped me to see how much of an adventure this whole thing is! I completely forgot that it's not normal to eat a fish head or see half the things we see every day haha. Maybe one day I'll be able to share it all more completely, but I'm thankful for my faith, and I'm thankful for the joy and the hope that it brings into my life. 

Love,
Elder Speakman 
With "my Son," Elder Ordyna

No comments:

Post a Comment