Monday, July 17, 2017

week 93 (7/17/2017)


Hello!
The climate has mostly been rainy lately! It's been awesome. 

We're struggling a bit to know where all of the members stay and getting them to come out with us, but we have some great relationships with a few of them and we got to know two more on Sunday. One was a girl named Abigail, bishop asked us to go with her to her house to bless her grandmother, not a member, who was not feeling well so we went allllllll the way to her house, that sucked up like 1/2 of our day, but it was cool! Abigail was awesome and she was able to show us another members house who stays near her because they want us to teach the wife's younger sister. It was fun walking and talking with her too. 

There was one guy who showed up to church on Sunday named Kojo. His friend talked to him about the church 10 years ago....he has been going from church to church and praying about where he should go. All of a sudden that memory flashed through his mind after the prayer. So he came and he loved it.  After visiting Abigail's grandmother we went AAAAAALLLLL the way back to the other side of our area to visit him while the spirit was still fresh in his heart. It was an amazing lesson. He loved it all. 
This morning we received a text from an unsaved number that said: "I have sought the truth and I have found it. My heart is filled with joy. Though I feel sad being rejected by many, but my spirit has found joy. I am privileged to be a part of this family". I was really confused for a minute but after investigating I discovered that it was his number!....I've never had someone receive an answer so fast....its amazing. and I'm so happy for him. 

We have quite a few progressing investigators in this area. Its wonderful...

I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Speakman



No comments:

Post a Comment